Hotel Fontana offers a mixture of elegance and familiarity, and warm hospitality for which it is well known in Amalfi. Amalfi has plenty to offer to the visitor, with its pristine beaches, crystal clear waters and bustling nightlife.
With polite staff and professional services, Hotel Fontana is the ideal solution for those wanting a holiday by the sea and sun, for a honeymoon or for a regenerating week in the Amalfi Coast.
Hotel Fontana is located in the wonderful square of Amalfi, a short distance from the sea front and the beach. Hotel Fontana lies in the historic centre of Amalfi, on the marvelous Piazza Duomo square, the major meeting point of the town, boasting the imposing S. Andrea Church.
A charming cluster of pastel houses, shops, cafés and watchtowers, Amalfi seems little more than a village. However it was a great naval power and a wealthy trading republic in medieval times. Its dramatic setting in jagged cliffs cloaked in vineyards is best seen from a boat. Amalfi’s star turn is a gorgeous cathedral with great bronze doors and lacy cloisters. The nearby village of Atrani is quiet and pretty, with a fine Byzantine church.
Naples is the nearest airport well connected with Rome, Milan, Venice, London, Paris and Frankfut. Salerno is the nearest railway station (25 km, approximately 55 minutes drive), Naples is the second nearest (70 km, approximately 75 minutes drive).
* From within each of the 21 rooms and suites you can take advantage of the fantastic services Hotel Fontana has on offer, whether it be savouring scrumptious breakfast while in bed, to availing of some personal time while using child minding service, Hotel Fontana aims to make your holiday as comfortable and pleasurable as possible.
* All rooms have a private bathroom anda are equipped with a hairdryer, sat-tv, heating and air conditioning which can be regulated from the room, a direct telephone, and minibar. Most of the rooms offer either a view of the marvellous square with its magnificent Duomo or a view of the clear sea which is characteristic of this coast.
* Here at the Hotel Fontana it is offered you a delightful combination of charm, elegance and familiarity. For families, honeymooners and groups alike, planning an unforgettable vacation can be somewhat stressful, but worry not, because the hotel's polite multi lingual staff will help and assist you in pulling off a magical and restful holiday on this spectacular coastline.
* Breakfast is american style and is served as a buffet in the breakfast room or, directly in your room on request.
* Down in the the old piazza of Amalfi overlooking the steps in the shadow of the thousand year old byzantian Cathedral. The building has a warm and friendly atmosphere where the customers can sample traditional dishes, especially the hotel's fresh fish dishes made only with the highest quality ingredients.
* Motorway A3 junction Vietri sul Mare - 20 km
* Motorway A30 junction Salerno - 23 km
* Naples Capodichino International Airport - 80 km
* Rome fiumicino International Airport - 280 km
* Nearest Railway Station (Salerno) - 25 km